Simply put, an arc flash is a phenomenon where a flashover of electric current leaves its intended path and travels through the air from one conductor to another, or to ground. The results are often violent and when a human is in close proximity to the arc flash, serious injury and even death can occur.
Why is Arc Flash analysis mandated?
- Employee safety
- Requirement of OSHA, National Electric Safety Code, National Electrical Code, and National Fire Protection Association
How is this addressed?
- Data Collection must be obtained through: Onsite verification and existing conditions, existing plan reviews and Utility coordination
- Engineering Analysis is then done
- Warning Labels can be created
- Training of Electrical and Safety Personnel on Arc Flash Requirements
What are the benefits to your business?
- Employee Safety and awareness
- Current and accurate one-line diagram
- Short circuit analysis
- Over current Protective Device Coordination
- Selective coordination